Tracker

Giraffe Couture

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

10/20 R3P2D33

Question for my followers:  Do you think caffeinated coffee is better for the body than diet soda?
The reason I ask:  I drink a LOT of soda every day.  I manage to get my water in too, but it seems I need to be drinking something or have something in front of me every 10 minutes or so.  Now I've never liked/drank coffee, but I love the smell of it.  I wonder if it would be possible for me to make the switch, or would it be worth it.

Crud, now I can't remember what my weight was this morning.....190.6 or 191.6.  I totally blew it yesterday, so I'm sure it's the higher of the two.  The reason I'm confused is because I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I thought I had dropped a pound, because I though yesterday's weight was 192.6(?)
My husband seems to be struggling with the same issues...can't lose well because (duh!) we're not following protocol.

[Edit] Just got some "help" from my co-workers.  Since I had a bad day yesterday, my mind was sayin, "Well-you might as well go ahead and have that pizza from Punch for lunch today.  You're already screwed up AND you skipped it yesterday while everyone else in the office had theirs, so you deserve it."  Anybody else know that "talk"?
I have awsome co-workers and we can tell each other good or bad, joke around and no one takes it bad etc.  So I've been a little disappointed that no one has mentioned anything about my weight.  And I'm not the kind of person that would ask them directly.  Last week the building owners came around and gave every office a basketful of full size candy bars.  I had the power to resist them that day, but before I left for the day I went around to everyone and made them take at least one so there wouldn't be any left on Monday.  I thought I was pretty smart, but then this morning when I got in, someone had placed a bag of skittles back on my desk. (very funny guys!)   SO, of course I didn't have as much will power as I did on Friday, so I opened the bag, ate 4 and then poured them into a little bowl and put it on the file cabinet where I know people will just grab a few as they go by and soon they will be gone.  So I was laughing about being sneaky and FINALLY two co-workers commented on how I was looking and "whatever you're doing is working!"
I feel good again and will NOT be having that pizza today!  It's a shame that I rely on other people to make me feel good sometimes, but....that's how it is.

Current Weight: 191.0
Yesterday's Weight: 190.6
Difference from Yesterday: +0.4

Round 3 starting weight: 206.4
Round 3 loss so far: -15.4

5 comments:

  1. YES! Switch to coffee! It's HEALTH food. It actually prevents cancer:

    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/coffee-cancerrsquos-enemy-2008207.html

    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20008553-10391704.html

    http://foodtocure.com/the-effect-of-coffee-on-cancer/

    There are plenty of other links available.

    I'm off for more coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know the internal "talk to self" very well. It's so easy to cross that line but it's the choices you make in that moment in time that make or break staying strict on protocol.

    About the diet soda: I may not be the best person to ask on this subject because I am a hardcore diet pepsi drinker from way back when. Since starting HCG last year I have cut way back because I find that getting 3 litres or more of water down a day doesn't make me thirsty for drinking much else. But I will stil have at least 750 ml per day of diet pepsi. When I follow the protocol strictly, drinking the diet pepsi does not affect the daily losses.

    However, I just want to note that although I am saying that I drink DP every day, I am not saying it's good for you. I have heard all the studies of the chemicals in diet soda but I continue to drink it anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn-I am the Coca Cola Queen. Coke Zero is my favorite. On my first round, I was able to go cold turkey during P2 for 42 days. Then I slowly added it back in and haven't been off since. And yes, I've read everything about how bad it is for you, but can't seem to give it up.
    My co-worker just told me about Water Joe. It is caffeinated-I might try it, although I think it's more the carbonation for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, great job resisting all those tempations. I also find that I am really dependent upon praise and rewards. No one in my office (except my office mate and best friend) has said a word about my 21 lb loss (or my 45 lbs overall loss since April). It sucks.

    Anyway, I say coffee. HH is right about the health benefits they are finding. Of course, that is when it is taken in moderation...And one of the things about diet soda is the phosphorus content; it leaches calcium out of your bones. You don't want to contribute to osteoporosis do you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually Amy, the reports are saying 4+ cups a day of coffee is very beneficial!

    ReplyDelete